Sunday, March 15, 2015

Scrap It: Heidi Swapp September Skies Page 1

I've been scrapping a lot lately, making time here and there to get pages done and tell my story.

I just love Heidi Swapp's September Skies collection - the lime green and navy blue combos just pop against a white background. And I love how Heidi makes her new releases to interchange with her previous releases - your possibilities instantly increase!

For this layout, I wanted to capture the vibrant energy of the group of scrappers from Camp Mojo. I used Gold, Chartuese & Cherry Color Shine on the base paper, using the inner spray bottle tube to create droplets and streaks for movement. 
  
'Amazing' - Layout by Tracey Kinny for Dizzy Izzy Scrapbooking
'Amazing' - Layout by Tracey Kinny for Dizzy Izzy Scrapbooking

I'm always in awe of how Heidi can combine geometric with floral patterns, its something I find really out of my comfort zone. So I let the September Skies papers inspire me, and used quite a lot of patterns grouped together. I love the results!

Detail from 'Amazing' - Layout by Tracey Kinny for Dizzy Izzy Scrapbooking
Detail from 'Amazing' - Layout by Tracey Kinny for Dizzy Izzy Scrapbooking

The Amy Tangerine stitch template camera was a perfect size to sit inside the one of Heidi's frames from the earlier 'Serenity' collection. And I finished the page off with a freckled Fawn arrow paper clip and some Studio Calico enamel dots (I just love enamel dots!)

Detail from 'Amazing' - Layout by Tracey Kinny for Dizzy Izzy Scrapbooking
Detail from 'Amazing' - Layout by Tracey Kinny for Dizzy Izzy Scrapbooking

Stay tuned for another September Skies layout later this week!

Tracey xx

Supplies for this layout: Heidi Swapp September Skies paper Afternoon Breeze, Open Air, Midnight Shadows, Mountain Trail; Serendipity Frames; Color Shine in Gold, Chartreuse & Cherry; Studio Calico Enamel Dots; Freckled Fawn Arrow; Amy Tangerine Embroidery Stencil Kit 'Hello'; Bazzill Floss 'Sunshine';

No comments:

Post a Comment