Tuesday, February 11, 2014

De-constructing Project Life Part 2

Wow - was it really all the way back in August that I last posted about Project Life? In fact my only post so far about Project Life... all about my excitement of cracking into a Project life core kit box. You can read that post here.

Well its been a bit of an evolutionary journey for me and Project Life since then. I will be the first to admit that at first I found it all a little overwhelming as I felt a bit of pressure to adhere to the old KISS (keep it simple stupid) philosophy. I am a lumpy bumpy scrapbooker, my style is typical 12"x12" layouts usually with just one photo. I felt a tad constrained sticking to just the one core kit. However now I feel like I have finally found my peace or perhaps my style with Project Life. I am elated that while watching the Australian Open that I was able to pull it all together and feel content with the Project Life journey I'm taking. 

I've got quite a few pages to share over the coming weeks - yes I watched a lot of tennis - yes I am disappointed Nadal lost - so stay tuned and watch the evolution unfold! I think I'm almost achieving straight sets!!!


Turns out I like to mix in some 12"x 12"layouts with my fave photos



Not loving the layout above. Its a bit to flat for me - but I guess every journey starts somewhere. I do however like the wood veneer Studio Calico Arrow that I inked using my StazOn black ink. These packs have oodles of arrows and hearts in them which have really gone a long way in my Project Life album.




I felt with these two pages above that I was starting to get my 'needs to be lumpy bumpy' but KISS issues sorted....somewhat still not 100% but I like certain elements like doubling strips of Washi Tape with a small element and the 2013 flair in the centre of my PL card. Plus I started incorporating cards that weren't in my core kit. In the bottom layout I have used one of the Simple Stories Journal Card Cutouts from the 24/Seven range

I'm struggling with the use of my own handwriting - not my forte! I have made it one of my new years resolutions to consciously make an effort with my handwriting but I feel a little bit conflicted as I am meant to be whizzing through the construction of this album. 

Evolving ...game.... but not quite set!

Happy Scrapping

Fleur x


No comments:

Post a Comment