Tuesday, February 18, 2014

A 'Blokey' Christmas Present

I know I know, Christmas is over and here is a post about a Christmas present. So my heartfelt apologies that I am talking Christmas in February but I seriously feel as though its only December!

Its become a recent tradition in our family that the adults participate in a Kris Kringle when it comes to gift giving. It has become a really special tradition where we all really love and appreciate the year long thought that has been put into the present. When it comes to the gifts I like to give, it is usually something handmade by me.

For Christmas 2013 I drew my cousin's partner - they currently live in WA so I've only meet Russell a handful of times. Thankfully the wonders of a little Facebook stalking has given me a little insight into his hobbies and interests. Namely, cycling and triathlon, so I knew I had to do something for him along those lines - but I was super stumped as I am not great when it comes to doing 'Bloke' in my scrapping style. In fact I was a little stressed that I wasn't going to come up with the handmade goods, I thought he would simply have to suffice with a gift from the cycling shop. In the end persistence paid off and I made him his own one off album.



I was going to use the title 'tri-man' and show off photos from both his cycling and triathlon pursuits but Darling Husband vetoed that and I ended up limiting my photo selection to just cycling photos.


I used an Ali Edwards stamp to create the 'awesome' arrow and adhered it using a bit of mounting tape.


I think that Chevron's are particularly blokey! I love how with the acetate albums you can see your elements through the pages. I think it adds a bit of interest and its exciting to turn to the next page and see what's there. Its also pretty cool that you only have to stamp once and you can see it on the next page.



Geotags - another cool blokey element! I also really am in love with the word bubbles from WOW chipboard.





Here I've used another Ali Edwards stamp and cut it out them adhered it with mounting tape. I'm using a lot of stamps in my scrapping of late. It is just so using to create cool little embellishments using them. I've used the Pink Paislee Sentiment stamp in the picture below.




Stars and arrows were definitely the go in this album. On this last page I've used the the Luxe Chipboard Stars by Pink Paislee. Oh and the Papers are from Simple Stories 24/Seven range.

I'm really happy with how this turned out - in fact I'm totally stoked.... and despite the fact that Darling Husband said that the gift would only make an appearance to family on Christmas Day (thanks dear) it turns out Russell has shown it to his mates as well!

Happy Scrapping

Fleur x

No comments:

Post a Comment